top of page
Car Keys

Auto Insurance

In most jurisdictions, you must have insurance before you can register your car.

In most jurisdictions, you must have insurance before you can register your car, so you must have insurance in order to drive. It is always also required in Maryland to have proof of insurance in your possession while driving. Steen Insurance is here to help you meet the requirements of the law and to help you find the best policy for you and your situation. A certain amount of liability is required, but most people find it worthwhile to have more than the minimum.

Liability covers you for damages you cause with your vehicle, whether that be damage to a car, property or a personal injury that someone suffers. You will get to choose the limits of coverage, as well as your deductible, and those choices will affect your rates.

Collision covers your car in an accident where you are at fault. Liability does not cover your car in an accident.

Comprehensive covers everything else, or other types of damage to your car. This can be something like a tree falling on your car, theft, or if you hit something like a wall or fence and damage your car.

If you are making payments on your car, your lender will probably require you to have full coverage. If your car has some value it is a good idea to have more than just liability. If your car is old and very low on the value scale, you might want to only have liability. It depends on how much losing the car would affect you. Agents at Young Insurance Inc can help you make those choices.

Call Steen Insurance today to get your car insured. Our professional staff can help you find the best policy for you. Remember to get your insurance first so you can legally register and tag your car. We can get you the insurance you need for any situation.

Auto Insurance: Packages
bottom of page